SCHEDULE of MINE WATER MEETINGS in 2023-2024:
- WV Coal Association in Charleston, WV – April 18, 2023
contact Jason Bostic or WVCoal.com
- Mine Design, Operations and Closure Conference in Butte, MT – May 8-11, 2023 https://www.mtech.edu/mwtp/index.html
- Met Coal Producers Meeting at Stonewall Resort, Roanoke, WV – May 20-23, 2023 https://www.metcoalproducers.com/events
- American Society for Reclamation Sciences (ASRS formerly ASMR) in Boise, ID – June 4-7, 2023 https://www.asrs.us/
- Intl Mine Water Assoc. Conference in Cardiff, Wales – July 17-21, 2023
- National Assoc. of Abandoned Mine Land Programs (NAAMLP) in Chicago, IL – September 24-27, 2023 https://naamlp2023.com/
- National Assoc. of State Land Reclamationists (NASLR) in Altoona, PA – September 25-27, 2023 https://naslr.org/conference/
- Pennsylvania Abandoned Mine Reclamation Conference in Altoona, PA – October 24-26. 2023 https://2023.treatminewater.com/
- WV Mine Drainage Task Force Symposium – Morgantown, WV – March/April 2024 https://wvmdtaskforce.com/
The West Virginia Mine Drainage Task Force was formed in 1978 and assigned to investigate the acid mine drainage (AMD) problem associated with surface mining in central West Virginia. Since then, the Task Force has broadened its scope to include areas outside of West Virginia with many diverse mine drainage issues.
Task Force members represent the mining industry, regulators, private consultants, and scientists. The objectives of the Task Force are to keep current on new developments in mine drainage research, treatment and control practices, and to present this information at annual symposia. Task Force Symposia have been held every year since 1980.